Saturday, October 4, 2008

Rainy days and clam chowder

I woke up this morning to the sound of the rain falling. I do love the rain. Today was the first day in a very long time that it has rained. I curled up in bed for a bit this morning reading my book and listening to the rain. It was fabulous. Anyway, the first rain always brings out the desire to eat clam chowder. So this afternoon I went to the grocery store so I could pick up some red potatoes and clams so I could make chowder. I sat in my kitchen eating clam chowder and enjoying the cool weather that the rain brought. It had stopped raining by dinner time, but I am hopeful that this will only be the first of many rainy days. While I enjoy living in California because I don't have to deal with the snow, I do wish it would rain more often. Maybe I should move further up the coast where they get more rain. I do have to finish my Master's degree first though...

No comments: