Saturday, October 4, 2008

The obsessive behavior spreads...

During the summer I went and spent some time with my younger sister, Mary. She had recently had a baby girl and I came to play with the baby and help out with her older son. I had a good time while with her... but she spread her obsessive compulsive behavior to me. For years I would tease my sister about how she would fold her plastic bags. It just seemed so obsessive to me, but little did I know that I would become a victim. While there, I helped her fold her bags after we went shopping and when I came home I looked at our big pile of plastic bags. They were taking over the bottom shelf of our pantry. I thought, if I folded these it wouldn't take that much space... so I did. They indeed take up less space on the shelf, but I can no longer mock my sister... I do wonder in the end if the loss of dignity is worth the extra shelf space...

The other obsession that my sister shared with me is her love of Izze drinks. I don't mind that one as much as they really are quite tasty. I don't feel guilty drinking an Izze and it satisfies my carbonation urge. Some meals just call for something sparkling and it is nice to have something that isn't loaded with sugar. They have some really fabulous flavors, but I do think that Blackberry is my favorite. Yum!

No comments: