Saturday, October 18, 2008

Grace in action

I have been playing netball up in San Francisco for about a year now. I was introduced to the sport while I lived in England. As some of you might know, I twisted my ankle quite badly playing netball in England. Anyway, I don't hold the sport responsible for my uncoordinated ways.... and started to play again here. I have really enjoyed playing with the San Francisco Stars and it is probably one of the only reasons I can drag myself out of bed on a Saturday morning. Well, today I proved that I am still quite the klutz. While running for the ball, I was trying to dodge around another player and managed to trip over her instead. I went tumbling and managed to fall face first into the court. I have given myself quite the goose egg on my forehead. Right now it is really quite red, but I wonder what it will look like tomorrow. The most hilarious part about this is that netball is a non-contact sport, but no one would believe it if they saw me today!

No comments: