Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pietastrophie!

So the other day I having several of my friends over for dinner. For the fun of it I decided to make pie for dessert. I decided to make apple, cherry, and lemon chiffon pie. So to start with I made the crust for the lemon chiffon. After it was done, I put it on top of the stove to cool while I made the apple and cherry pies. Once I got them done, I put them into the oven and got started on the filling for the lemon chiffon. I was being a bit slow, but mostly because I knew I didn't have to hurry, as I had lots of time to spare before everyone came over. Anyway, the when the apple and cherry pies were done, I pulled them out of the oven and put them on the table to cool. Just as I was setting the cherry pie down on the table and I hear this horrible crash. I turn around a there it is waiting for me...
Is it not just a beautiful sight! After staring at it for a while and cursing my silly klutz gene, I sent my roommate off to Target to buy me another pie pan so I could make a new crust. I had already made the filling and I wasn't going to let it go to waste. I made up more pie dough while she was gone and, of course, I was a bit frazzled while making it and ended up making up enough for two single crusts. In the end, I baked up the extra pie dough as cinnamon twists, which everyone seemed to enjoy. Luckily, the pie was a hit and it ended up to be just fine. I now know the top of my stove is a treacherous place... not to be trusted!

1 comment:

marydalene said...

Oh no! And so, the second half of the alphabet rears its ugly head again. But I'm glad your pies turned out ok in the end.