Friday, April 16, 2010

A Job!!

In some very exciting news, I am no longer unemployed! I recently got a job working in a small university library. While it isn't ideal, as I never really wanted to be an academic librarian, I am thrilled to have a job. It is great to be able to use my degree, something that doesn't always happen. It is a really nice place to work as all the staff and instructors are great and I already feel very welcome. The downsides are that I have to dress professionally... something that I haven't had to do for years! It did give me the excuse to go on a shopping spree... and I do like to shop. :) Anyway, right now it is still pretty novel to dress nice and wear all my new clothes. Give me about a month and I will be dieing to wear jeans and a t-shirt to work. One thing that I am sure that I won't miss is the job hunt. After months of feeling guilty if I didn't check the job listings at least once a week, I don't have to do it at all! While eventually I would like to get a different job, something more in the field I specialized in, I am quite content to learn my new job and enjoy having benefits again.

2 comments:

Kaisensei said...

Hi I find your blog interesting! When I was studying in the university, I once considered working as a librarian. I love reading books and well, I thought that being a librarian would be like hitting two birds in one stone. Boy was I wrong! I had a chat with a librarian and I found out that it was more complicated than I thought it was. Anyway, good luck with your new job! :)

Grammyzanne said...

Congratulations